Princess Cruises is set to offer its guests sailing to the Caribbean a raft of new onboard experiences and activities derived from the tropical islands. The enhancements include new cuisine, cocktails, entertainment and ‘parrots in the piazza’.
The ‘Rhythm of the Caribbean’ programme will first appear on the 3,150-guest Caribbean Princess in May 2018. It will then be rolled out on further Princess ships in the Caribbean over the course of this year.
The programme includes:
· Authentic island cuisine – try local dishes including Jamaican jerk chicken, red snapper, creole black mussels, Puerto Rican mofongo, pineapple crème brulée and more
· Cocktails – sample the flavour of the Caribbean with rum punch, tropical coolers, coladas, mojitos and regional rum tasting
· Parrots in the Piazza – meet ‘parrots of the Caribbean’ and macaws up close and personal in the ship’s atrium while learning about their habits and habitat
· Caribbean festival – presented in association with Princess Cruises’ ‘Festivals of the World’, the spirit of the Caribbean comes to life onboard with parties, themed activities and musical performances
· Indoor planetarium experience – Princess Cruises and the Discovery Channel will host a stargazing programme out on deck, with the constellations, moon, planets and galaxies visible from the Caribbean night sky
· Stories from deep sea – guests can meet real-life shipwreck hunters onboard, who will share tales of their lost treasure and recovery explorations. And on select voyages, Martin Graff, a veteran shark diver, will explain more about his encounters with the infamous underwater predators
· Pirate-themed activities – young landlubbers can enjoy swashbucklin’ fun as they learn how to talk like a pirate, dress like a pirate and even dance like a pirate during a themed party for the whole family
Tony Roberts, Princess Cruises’ vice president UK and Europe, said: “Bringing the Caribbean to life, both onboard and off our ships via a variety of shore excursions, has always been a passion for Princess Cruises. The ‘Rhythm of the Caribbean’ will now further the fantastic range of island experiences we have available.
“Onboard our ships, Caribbean guests will eat and drink like locals, while a host of experiences – including ‘parrots in the piazza’, which was inspired by our ‘puppies in the piazza’ on Alaska cruises – will add even more colour to holidays.”
A 10-night Caribbean cruise, sailing roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on Caribbean Princess is available from £649 per person. Departing September 28, 2018, ports of call include Princess Cays (Princess Cruises’ private beach in the Bahamas), St Thomas, St Kitts, St Lucia, Antigua and St Maarten. An additional £200 off the cost of flights is available per person. To book visit www.princess.com, call 0344 338 8663 or contact your local travel agent.